In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Breinton like this:
BREINTON, a parish in the district and county of Hereford and Brecon railway, 2 ½ miles W by S of Hereford. It includes the hamlet of Wareham and a pendicle of Hereford city; and its Post Town is Hereford. Acres, 1,629. Real property, £3,221. Pop., 398. Houses, 83. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £250. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is tolerable; and there are charities £17.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Breinton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Breinton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Breinton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Breinton".