In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sandiacre like this:
SANDIACRE, a village and a parish in Shardlow district, Derby. The village stands on the Erewash river and canal, and on the Erewash Valley railway, 6 miles W S W of Nottingham; was once a market-town; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Nottingham. The parish comprises 1, 420 acres. Real property, £4, 168. Pop., 1,012. Houses, 241. The property is subdivided. The making of lace, warp-nets, starch, and bricks, is carried on. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of L. The church is decorated English, was .restored in 1864, and has a tower and spire. There are chapels for Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and U. Free Methodists.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sandiacre has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Erewash. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sandiacre and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sandiacre, in Erewash and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sandiacre".