In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Baddesley like this:
BADDESLEY (North), a parish in Winchester district, Hants; on the Gosport and Salisbury railway, near Chandler's Ford station, 3½ miles E by S-of Romsey. Post Town, Romsey. Acres, 2,570.-Real property, £1,419. Pop., 258. Houses, 55. The property is divided among a few. Baddesley Hall is a chief residence. The parish is a meet for the Hursley hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £112. Patron, T. Chamberlayne, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Baddesley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Test Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Baddesley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Baddesley, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Baddesley".