In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nether Wallop like this:
WALLOP (Nether), a parish in Stockbridge district, Hants; 4 miles WNW of Stockbridge r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Lower Wallop, under Winchester. Acres, 7,201. Real property, £7,278. Pop., 946. Houses, 195. There are several good residences. W. Fields are identified, by Dr. Guest, with the Gualoppum of Nennius, one of the last battlefields of Vortigern with the Saxons. Danebury hill is crowned with an ancient camp. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £290.* Patrons, the Vicars-Choral in York Cathedral. The church is old but good. There are a dissenting chapel, an endowed school with £16 a year, and charities £25.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Nether Wallop has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Test Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Nether Wallop and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nether Wallop, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Nether Wallop".