In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Southwick like this:
SOUTHWICK, a parish, with a village, in Fareham district, Hants; 2½ miles N of Porchester r. station, and 3¾ ENE of Fareham. It has a post-office under Fareham, and a fair on 6 April. Acres, 4,100. Real property, £4,541. Pop., 609. Houses, 123. The manor, with S. Park, belongs to T. Thistlethwayte, Esq. A black friary stood anciently here; was the marriage-place of Henry VI.; went, at the dissolution, to the Whites; and has left some scanty ruins. The living is a donative, annexed to Boarhunt. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Southwick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Winchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Southwick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Southwick, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Southwick".