Place:


Faccombe  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Faccombe like this:

FACCOMBE, a parish in Andover district, Hants; on Wansdyke, near the boundary with Wilts and Berks, 9 miles NW by N of Whitchurch r. station. Post town, Combe, under Hungerford. Acres, 2, 630. Real property, £1, 985. Pop., 243. Houses, 55. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Tangley, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £695.* Patron, the Rev. Mi. Everett. The church was rebuilt in 1867. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Faccombe through time

Faccombe is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Faccombe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Faccombe, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4760

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Faccombe ".