In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Briningham like this:
BRININGHAM, a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk; 4 miles SW of Holt, and 7 ESE of Walsingham r. station. It has a post office under Thetford. Acres, 1,041. Real property, £2,413. Pop., 206. Houses, 51. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rev. S. Brereton. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Briningham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Briningham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Briningham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Briningham".