Place:


Letton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Letton like this:

LETTON, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; at the source of the river Blackwater, 4 miles W of Thuxton r. station, and 5 SSW of East Dereham. Post town, Shiphdam, under Thetford. Acres, 1,274. Real property, £1,907. Pop. in 1851,150; in 1861,111. Houses, 24. The property, with Letton Hall, belongs to B. Gurdon, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Cranworth, in the diocese of Norwich. There is no church.

Letton through time

Letton is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Letton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Letton, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4733

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Letton ".