In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sharrington like this:
SHARRINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Walsingham district, Norfolk; 3¾ miles W S W of Holt, and 7 E by N of Walsingham r. station. Post-town, Holt, under Thetford. Acres, 863. Real property, £1, 61 6. Pop., 257. Houses, 58. The manor belongs to the Rev. Sir E. R. Jodrell, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £300.* Patron, the Rev. Sir E. R. Jodrell, Bart. The church is early English, and good. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sharrington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sharrington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sharrington in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sharrington".