In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wimbotsham like this:
WIMBOTSHAM, a parish, with a village, in Downham district, Norfolk; 1½ mile NE of Downham r. station. It has a post-office under Downham. Acres, 2,015. Real property, £3,995. Pop. in 1851, 606; in 1861, 508. Houses, 112. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Sir T. Hare, Bart. The living is a rectory, annexed to Stow-Bardolph. The church was restored in 1854. There are two Methodist chapels.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wimbotsham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wimbotsham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wimbotsham in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wimbotsham".