Place:


East Tisted  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Tisted like this:

TISTED (East), a parish, with three tythings, in Alton district, Hants; 4½ miles S by W of Alton r. station. Post town, Alton. Acres, 2,602. Real property, £2,505. Pop., 221. Houses, 37. Rotherfield Park is the seat of J. W. Scott, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £333.* Patron, J. W. Scott, Esq. The church is good. There are an endowed school with £14 a year, and charities £10.

East Tisted through time

East Tisted is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Tisted itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Tisted in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4671

Date accessed: 19th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Tisted ".