Place:


Wolverton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wolverton like this:

WOLVERTON, a parish in Kingsclere district, Hants; 2 miles E of Kingsclere, and 5 N by W of Oakley r. station. It has a post-office under Newbury. Acres, 1,395. Real property, £1,836. Pop., 146. Houses, 33. W. Park is the seat of Sir P. Pole, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £296. Patron, the Duke of Wellington. The church is good. Charities, £12.

Wolverton through time

Wolverton is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wolverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wolverton, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4661

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wolverton ".