In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cemais Comawndwr like this:
KEMEYS-COMMANDER, a parish in Pontypool district, Monmouth; on the river Usk, 3 miles NW by N of Usk r. station. Post town, Usk, under Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 500. Real property, £6 43. Pop., 76. Houses, 17. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £53. Patron, Montague Gore, Esq. The church was recently in disrepair.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cemais Comawndwr has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cemais Comawndwr and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cemais Comawndwr in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cemais Comawndwr".