In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wyrardisbury like this:
WYRARDISBURY, or Wraysbury, a parish in Eton district, Bucks; on the river Thames, and on the Staines and Windsor railway, 2½ miles NW of Staines. It has a post-office under Staines, and a r. station. Acres, 1,656. Real property, £4,989. Pop., 735. Houses, 145. Remmenham Hall is the seat of B. H. Gyll, Esq. Magna Charta Island , Wraysbury house , and Ankerwyke house also are chief residences. A hunting lodge of King John was here; and a portion of it still stands, and is now a farmhouse. A Benedictine nunnery was founded on the Ankerwyke estate in the time of Henry II., and has left some remains. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £165.* Patrons, the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church was recently restored and enlarged. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and charities £74.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wyrardisbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Windsor and Maidenhead. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wyrardisbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wyrardisbury, in Windsor and Maidenhead and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wyrardisbury".