In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Quarry Bank like this:
QUARRY-BANK, a village and a chapelry in Kings-winford parish, Stafford. The village stands ½ a mile S E of Brierley-Hill r. station, and has a post-office under Brierley-Hill. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Pop. in 1861, 4, 790. Houses, 916. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1847, at a cost of £3,000; and is in the early English style. There are chapels for Primitive Methodists and New Connexion Methodists, and national schools.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Quarry Bank has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Dudley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Quarry Bank and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Quarry Bank, in Dudley and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Quarry Bank".