Place:


Beachampton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beachampton like this:

BEACHAMPTON, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; on the river Ouse, 2½ miles SW of Stoney-Stratford, and 4½ SW by W of Wolverton r. station. Post Town, Stoney-Stratford. Acres, 1,492. Real property, £2,592. Pop., 272. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. ...


The manor belonged to the Bennets; one of whom was made a baronet in 1627, and figured as a great friend to University college, Oxford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £379.* Patron, Cains college, Cambridge. The church is a plain structure; and contains monuments of the Bennets. A school has an endowed income of £48, and other charities £178.

Beachampton through time

Beachampton is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beachampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beachampton, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4549

Date accessed: 20th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beachampton ".