In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bodelwyddan like this:
BODLLEWYDDAN, a chapelry in St. Asaph parish, Flint; on the verge of the county, 3 miles W of St. Asaph r. station. Post Town, St. Asaph, under Rhyl. Pop., 653. The manor belonged at one time to the family of Humphries; and was purchased from them in the time of Charles II., by Speaker Sir William Williams. The present mansion on it, the seat of Sir Hugh Williams, Bart., is a beautiful castellated edifice, amid tasteful grounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £200. ...
Patron, Sir H. Williams, Bart. The church was built in 1856-60, by the Dowager Lady Willoughby de Broke as a memorial of her husband; stands on a conspicuous site; is a richly ornate cruciform structure, in the decorated English style; comprises a nave of 66 feet, a chancel of 42 ½ feet, an octagonal vestry, and a tower and spire 202 feet high; and is said to have cost £60,000.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bodelwyddan has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bodelwyddan and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bodelwyddan in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bodelwyddan".