In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marbury like this:
MARBURY, a township in Great Budworth, Cheshire; on the Grand Trunk canal, near the river Weaver, 1½ mile N of Northwich. Acres, 362. Real property, £743. Pop., 17. Houses, 4. The manor belonged, in the time of Henry III., to the Marburys; passed, in 1708, to Earl Rivers; went, by marriage, to the Earl of Barrymore; passed to the Barrys; and, with Marbury Hall, belongs now to A. H. S. Barry, Esq. The hall is a large brick mansion, with stone facings; recently underwent extensive alterations and additions; contains a fine selection of paintings and antique sculptures; and stands in beautiful grounds, which include a lake of 80 acres.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Marbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Vale Royal. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Marbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marbury, in Vale Royal and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Marbury".