In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harthill like this:
HARTHILL, a parish in Great Boughton district, Cheshire; 3 miles S by E of Tattenhall r. station, and 5½ SW by W of Tarporley. It has a post office under Chester. Acres, 481. Real property, £703. Pop., 122. Houses, 22. There is a lake of about 4 acres, called Harthill Pool. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £114.* Patron, T. T. Drake, Esq. The church is ancient; and there are charities £22.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Harthill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Chester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Harthill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harthill, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Harthill".