Ifield  Kent


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ifield like this:

IFIELD, a parish in North Aylesford district, Kent; 1¾ mile N of Sole-Street r. station, and 3 S of Gravesend. It contains part of the village of Singlewell, which has a post office under Gravesend. Acres, 312. Real property, £777. Pop., 88. Houses, 12. The manor belongs to T. Colyer, Es l. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £120. Patron, the Rev. W. H. Edmeades. The church was built in 1596, and restored in 1838; has a wooden spire; and is very small.

Ifield through time

Ifield is now part of Gravesham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gravesham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ifield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ifield, in Gravesham and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 19th March 2018

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ifield ".