In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf like this:
LLANFAIR-MATHAFARN-EITHAF, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Anglesey; on Red Wharf bay, 5 miles E of Llanerchymedd r. station, and 7 WNW of Beaumaris. Post town, Beaumaris, Anglesey. Acres, 1,949; of which 35 are water. Real property, £1,577; of which £25 are in quarries. Pop., 757. Houses, 182. The property is much subdivided. Colourcd marbles and millstones are quarried. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanddyfnan, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is good. The churchyard contains a mutilated ancient cross, and a modern carnedd or artificial cavern, used as a buryingplace. Goronwy Owen, the Welsh bard and linguist of the last century, was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf".