In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandingad like this:
LLANDINGAT, a parish in Llandovery district, Carmarthen; on the rivers Bran and Towy, around the own and r. station of Llandovery. It contains the borough of Llandovery, and the hamlets of Telych, Forest, and Ystrad; and its Post town is Landovery, under Carmarthen. Acres, 8,107. Real property, £10 177. Pop. in 1 851,2,542; in 1 861,2,389. Houses, 480. Velindre and Llwyn-Bran are chief residences; and the former is the seat of E. Jones, Esq. The surface exhibits much pleasant scenery. ...
The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Llanfair-ar-y-bryn, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £254. * Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Dingat; stands in Llandovery, on the site of a Roman camp, where coins and other Roman relics have been found; has a later English tower; contains a monument to Pritchard, the author of ' ' Llyr-y-Ficer;'' and was reported in 1859 as not very good. The p. curacy of Ystradffyn is a separate benefice. See LLANDOVERY.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llandingad has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carmarthenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llandingad and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandingad in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llandingad".