In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sandridge like this:
SANDRIDGE, a parish, with a village, in St. Albans district, Herts; 2½ miles S by W of Wheathampstead r.station, and 2¾ N N E of St. Albans. It has a post-office under St. Albans. Acres, 5, 766. Real property, £7, 959. Pop., 833. Houses, 151. The property is divided among a few. A large tract is disposed in sheep-walk, and oftenused by cricket clubs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £313.* Patron, Earl Spencer. The church is good. There is a parochial school. The Duchess of Marlborough, born in 1660, was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sandridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of St Albans. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sandridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sandridge, in St Albans and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sandridge".