In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horn like this:
HORN, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; on Horn-lane, or Ermine street, adjacent to Exton park, 5½ miles NW of Stamford r. station. Post town, Oakham. Acres, 392. Pop., 30. Houses, 6. The property is returned with Exton, and belongs to the Earl-of Gainsborough. A battle, known as Loosecoat battle, was fought at Bloody Oaks here, in 1470, when the Lancastrians were defeated by Edward IV. The living is a sinecure rectory, of small value, annexed to the vicarage of Exton, in the diocese of Peterborough. There is no church.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Horn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Rutland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Horn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horn in Rutland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Horn".