In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Bradford on Avon like this:
Bradford on Avon, par. and market town, N. Wilts, 9 miles SE. of Bath and 98 miles W. of London by rail -- par., 11,310 ac., pop. 8259; town, pop. 4922; 2 Banks; kerseymere was first made here, but the woollen mfrs. of B. have declined in importance. The church of St Laurence is the only perfect Saxon church in England. The town is situated on both sides of the Avon, which is here crossed by two bridges.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bradford on Avon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bradford on Avon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradford on Avon in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bradford on Avon".