In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Credenhill like this:
CREDENHILL, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on an affluent of the river Wye, adjacent to the Hereford and Brecon railway, 4½ miles NW by W of Hereford. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Bishopstone, under Hereford. Acres, 1, 224. Real property, £2, 500. Pop., 199. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. A well-wooded hill here is crowned by a double-ditched camp of about 40 acres; and commands a fine view. Credenhill House is the seat of the Eckleys. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £297.* Patron, the Rev. J. Eckley. The church is ancient but good; and contains monuments of the Eckleys.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Credenhill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Credenhill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Credenhill in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Credenhill".