In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brockhampton like this:
BROCKHAMPTON, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; on the river Wye, 2¼ miles ENE of Fawley r. station, and 5 N of Ross. Post Town, How Caple, under Ross. Acres, 785. Real property, £1,506. Pop., 140. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. A Roman camp occurs about a mile north of the church. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £74. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brockhampton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brockhampton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brockhampton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brockhampton".