Place:


Brinsop  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brinsop like this:

BRINSOP, a parish in Weobly district, Herefordshire; on Watling-street, and on an affluent of the river Wye, 2 miles N of Credenhill r. station, and 5½ NW of Hereford. Post Town, Bishopstone, under Hereford. Acres, 1,364. Real property, £1,962. Pop., 145. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £268. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is old but good; and contains two monuments of the Danseys.

Brinsop through time

Brinsop is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brinsop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brinsop in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4312

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brinsop ".