Place:


George Nympton  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described George Nympton like this:

GEORGE-NYMPTON, Nympton-St. George, or Nymet-St. George, a parish in South Molton district, Devon; on the river Mole, 2 miles S of South Molton, and 5½ NNE of South Molton Road r. station. Post town, South Molton, North Devon. Acres, 2, 240. Real property, £2, 036. Pop., 258. Houses, 51. ...


The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Sir T. D. Acland, Bart. Broom House is the seat of the Pearses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £310.* Patron, Sir T. D. Acland, Bart. The church consists of nave, chancel, and N aisle, with low brick tower; is in fair condition; and contains monuments of the Karslakes and the Gays.

George Nympton through time

George Nympton is now part of North Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about George Nympton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of George Nympton in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4220

Date accessed: 21st November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " George Nympton ".