In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dalton Piercy like this:
DALTON-PIERCY, a township in Hart parish, Durham; 8½ miles N by E of Stockton-upon-Tees. Acres, 987. Real property, £839. Pop., 98. Houses, 17. Here is a Saxon earth-work.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dalton Piercy has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hartlepool. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dalton Piercy and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dalton Piercy, in Hartlepool and County Durham | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dalton Piercy".