In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huntshaw like this:
HUNTSHAW, a parish in Torrington district, Devon; 2½ miles NNE of Great Torrington, and 5 ESE of Bideford r. station. Post town, Torrington, North Devon. Acres, 2,050. Real property, £1,260. Pop., 233. Houses, 45. The manor belonged, in the time of Henry III., to Henry Fitz-Reginald; passed to the Campenons and the Wellingtons; and belongs now to Lord Clinton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £182.* Patron, Lord Clinton. The church is ancient, and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Huntshaw has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Torridge. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Huntshaw and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huntshaw, in Torridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Huntshaw".