In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Crosby like this:
CROSBY (Little), a township in Sephton parish, Lancashire; on the coast, 7½ miles NNW of Liverpool. Acres, 6, 241; of which 4, 430 are water. Real property, £4, 190. Pop., 418. Houses, 62. Crosby Hall is the seat of the Blundells. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Crosby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sefton. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Crosby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Crosby, in Sefton and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Crosby".