In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke Edith like this:
STOKE-EDITH, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on the Worcester and Hereford railway, 6½ miles E of Hereford. It includes Westhide chapelry, and has a r. station. Post town, Ledbury. Acres, 2,852. Real property, £4,662. Pop., 506. Houses, 101. The manor belonged anciently to the Wallwayns; passed to the Milwaters and others; and, with S.-Edith Park, has belonged, since the time of Charles II., to the Foleys. The living is a rectory, with Westhide, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £470.* Patron, Lady Emily Foley. The church has a low tower and tall spire, and is good. Charities, £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stoke Edith has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stoke Edith and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke Edith in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stoke Edith".