In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tupsley like this:
TUPSLEY, a township-chapelry in Bishop-Hampton parish, Herefordshire; 2 miles E of Hereford r. station. Post town, Hereford. Real property, £5,247. Pop., 802. Houses, 149. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £240.* Patron, the Bishop of HThe church was built in 1866.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tupsley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tupsley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tupsley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tupsley".