In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hampton Charles like this:
HAMPTON CHARLES, a hamlet in Bockleton parish, Hereford; 5½ miles NW of Bromyard. Acres, 492. Real property, £540. Pop., 87. Houses, 20.
Hampton Charles is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hampton Charles itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hampton Charles in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hampton Charles ".