In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Mary Bourne like this:
BOURNE-ST. MARY, a tything and a parish in Whitchurch district, Hants. The tything lies near the Southwestern railway, 3 miles NW of Whitchurch; and has a post office under Andover. Pop., 384. The parish includes also the tythings of Binley, Egbury, Stoke, Swampton, Jamaica, and Week. Acres, 7,678. Real property, £5,380. Pop., 1,188. Houses, 282. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Hurstbourne-Priors, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing St Mary Bourne has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Basingstoke and Deane. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering St Mary Bourne and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Mary Bourne, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Mary Bourne".