In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chilworth like this:
CHILWORTH, a parish in South Stoneham district, Hants; on the Bishopstoke and Salisbury railway, near Chandlers-Ford r. station, 4 miles ESE of Romsey. Post town, North Stoneham, under Southampton. Acres, 400. Real property, £973. Pop., 176. Houses, 30. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £53. Patron, John Fleming, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Chilworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Test Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Chilworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chilworth, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chilworth".