In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chilton Candover like this:
CANDOVER-CHILTON, a parish in Alresford district, Hants; on the river Itchen, 5 miles N of New Alresford r. station, and 9½ NE of Winchester. Post Town, Brown-Candover, under Mitcheldever station. Acres, 1,472. Real property, £691. Pop., 142. Houses, 21. The property all belongs to Lord Ashburton. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Brown-Candover, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is ancient, small, and good.-
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Chilton Candover has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Basingstoke and Deane. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Chilton Candover and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chilton Candover, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chilton Candover".