In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Lynn like this:
LYNN (SOUTH), a parish in Lynn district, Norfolk; forming part of Lynn borough. Real property, £14,601; of which £1,060 are in gas-works. Pop. in 1851,4,772; in 1861,4,534. Houses, 1,031. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £403.* Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. See LYNN.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing South Lynn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering South Lynn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Lynn in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "South Lynn".