In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rishworth like this:
RISHWORTH, a township in Halifax parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 6 miles S W of Halifax. Acres, 6, 190. Real property, £4, 551. Pop. in 1851, 1, 540; in 1861, 1, 244. Houses, 252. The manor belongs to the trustees of the Savile estates. Cotton-spinning and paper-making are carried on. There is a large endowed school, givingboard and education to 30 boys in the upper department, to 25 boys in the lower department, and to 15 girls.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Rishworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Calderdale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Rishworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rishworth, in Calderdale and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Rishworth".