In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Felmingham like this:
FELMINGHAM, a village and a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk. The village stands near the river Bure, and near the line of the telegraph from Norwich to Cromer, 2½ miles WSW of North Walsham railway station, and 14 N by E of Norwich; and is a straggling but pleasant place. The parish comprises 1,886 acres; and its post town is North Walsham, under Norwich. Real property, £3, 443. Pop., 434. Houses, 104. The property is much subdivided. Felmingham Hall is a chief residence. The living is a double one, a vicarage and a rectory, in the diocese of Norwich. Value of the vicarage, £169; of the rectory, £187. Patron of the v., the Bishop of Norwich; of the r., John Postle and others. The church is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and a charity allotment.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Felmingham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Felmingham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Felmingham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Felmingham".