In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Runham like this:
RUNHAM, a village and a parish in Flegg district, Norfolk. The village stands near the river Bure, at the Runham-Swim ferry, 4½ miles W N W of Yarmouth r.station; and was once a market-town. The parish includes a detached portion, called New Runham or Vauxhall, immediately adjoining Yarmouth, and on which fish-offices, manure-works, and the terminus of the Norwich and Yarmouth railway are situated; and it was re-turned in the census of 1851 as including also the extra-parochial tract of Nowhere. Post-town, Filby, under Norwich. Acres, with Nowhere, 1, 715. Real property, £4, 413. Pop., exclusive of Nowhere, 396. Houses, 84. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £207.* Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church is old, and was recently restored. There are a national school and a poors'allotment of 27 acres.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Runham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Great Yarmouth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Runham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Runham, in Great Yarmouth and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Runham".