In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Morval like this:
MORVAL, a parish, with a village, in Liskeard district, Cornwall; on the Looe navigation, 2 miles N of East Looe, and 3½ SSW of Menheniot r. station. Posttown, Looe. Acres, 3,562. Real property, £3,595. Pop., 765. Houses, 146. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Glyns, the Coades, and Sir Hugh de Morville, one of the murderers of Thomas à Becket; and, with Morval House, belongs now to John F. Buller, Esq. Morval House is ancient, and was the birthplace of Judge Buller. ...
Polgover and Lydcott are ancient mansions, converted into farmhouses. Tregarlin-Tor commands a fine view of the winding vale of Morval, backed in the distance by Bindon hill, rising to an altitude of about 900 feet. Limestone is quarried and exported. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Valne, £333. * Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good, and contains monuments of the Mayows, the Coades, and others. There are an endowed school and alms houses, with jointly about £23 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Morval has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Caradon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Morval and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Morval, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th February 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Morval".