In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Seaton like this:
SEATON, a township in Cammerton parish, Cumberland; on the river Derwent, 2 miles N N E of Workington. It has a post-office under Workington, and a three-arched bridge. Acres, 2, 939; of which 847 are water. Real property, £7, 322; of which £3,000 are in mines, £350 in iron-works, and £45 in fisheries. Pop. in 1851, 835; in 1861, 1, 102. Houses, 236. There are tin-plate works, hematite iron-works, and several collieries.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Seaton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Allerdale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Seaton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Seaton, in Allerdale and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Seaton".