In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wistaston like this:
WISTASTON, a parish, with a village, in Nantwich district, Cheshire; 2 miles WSW of Crewe r. station. Post town, Nantwich. Acres, 1,465. Real property, £3,031. Pop., 331. Houses, 59. The Manor-House is the seat of J. Hill, Esq.; and W. Hall, of E. D. Broughton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £200.* Patron, Mrs. Broughton. The church was built in 1828. There is a Church school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wistaston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Crewe and Nantwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wistaston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wistaston, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wistaston".