In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Water Stratford like this:
STRATFORD (Water), a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; on the river Ouse, 3 miles W by N of Buckingham r. station. Post town, Buckingham. Acres, 1,082. Real property, £1,475. Pop., 179. Houses, 42. The manor belongs to Capt. Parker. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £400.* Patron, H. Chawner, Esq. The church is ancient but good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Water Stratford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Water Stratford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Water Stratford, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Water Stratford".