In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Soulbury like this:
SOULBURY, a parish, with S. village and Hollingdon hamlet, in the district of Leighton-Buzzard and county of Buckingham; on the river Ouzel, the Grand Junction canal, and the Northwestern railway, 2¾ miles NW of Leighton-Junction r. station. It has a post-office under Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 4,460. Real property, £6,269. Pop., 589. Houses, 124. Liscombe Park belongs to P.Lovett, Esq.; and Stockgrove, to Col Hanmer. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £116.* Patron, P.Lovett, Esq. The church is decorated English, and was recently restored. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £91 a year, and charities £40.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Soulbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Soulbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Soulbury, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Soulbury".