In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shalstone like this:
SHALSTONE, or Shaldestone, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Buckingham; 4 miles W N W of Buckingham r. station. It has a postal letter-box under Buckingham. Acres, with Oldwick extra-parochial tract, 1, 320. Real property, £1, 731 Pop., 243. Houses, 50. The property belongs to Mrs. Fitz-gerald. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £199.* Patron, Mrs. Fitzgerald. The church was rebuilt in 1828, and restored in 1862. There is a parochial school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Shalstone has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Shalstone and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shalstone, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Shalstone".