In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Plumley like this:
PLUMBLEY, a township in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire; on the Cheshire Midland railway, 2½ miles W S W of Knutsford. It has a station on the railway . Acres, 1, 622. Real property, £2, 975. Pop., 365. Houses, 65. The manor belongs to Lord De Tabley.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Plumley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Macclesfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Plumley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Plumley, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Plumley".