In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brawdy like this:
BRAWDY, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the coast, 6 miles E of St. David's, and 9 NW by W of Haverfordwest r. station. Post Town, Penycwm, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 5,401; of which 60 are water. Real property, £3,403. Pop., 644. Houses, 133. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Hays-Castle, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £115. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brawdy has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brawdy and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brawdy in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brawdy".